Monday, March 21, 2011

How I spent my afternoon.

Last week my mom and Aly (my niece) were here and mom and I had a crash course in sewing.  She helped me make a dress for Aly.  Today...I made one on my own!  I was so excited because I didn't even have to call my mom with any questions!

I found this fabric and thought it was so cute! It is so much cuter in person.  In the picture it looks black but it is actually brown. This one is for my soon to be niece.  I thought I would do a shorter version of the pillowcase dress with some bloomers.  Well the dress was easy or not as hard as I thought it would be BUT the bloomers were another story!  I found a tutorial for them online with a pattern and thought they would be cute with the dress.  Well...the elastic got me!  As the tutorial commented not to worry about all the imperfections because the legs would be gathered with elastic...I had to just go with that.  I would say they are not the best, but they are together! :)....I will continue to practice.

When I sent the dress to my mom-my dad commented that she had created a monster.  I can't believe I like to sew.  I think the part I enjoy is putting the fabrics together.

What will I make next???? Stay tuned.

1 comment: