Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby Rattle Wreath

Everybody loves Pinterest and the things that you can find.  Well, one day while searching around I found a picture of a baby rattle wreath to use for a baby shower.  I thought it was the cutest idea for the front door. I was helping host a Sip and See and thought it would be a nice touch to the front door.   I decided to give it a try.

I started out by trying to find the perfect flowers for the project.  I found some at Michaels and decided to go with pink and green.  I got 2 styrofoam balls 5" for the top and a 2" for the bottom, a wooden dowel that I painted white made up the stick to hold the 2 balls together. I have to say that the styrofoam balls from Dollar Tree worked better than the one from Hobby Lobby.  I cut the flowers off the bunch and just stuck them in the styrofoam.  I ended up having to go back and hot glue them on so they would stay. I think it turned out precious!  I used a clear suction hook and ribbon to hang it on the front door.  It was a hit!  I forgot to get a picture of it hanging, but here is a picture of the final project!

No comments:

Post a Comment