Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Name Shirt-First 2 Attempts

So I decided to get brave yesterday and try out letters on a shirt.  I have a small monogram machine that doesn't monogram bigger than a 4 x4 so big applique letters are out of the question.  I thought that with the new Silhouette Cameo machine, I should be able to cut out the letters and sew them on.  Well I know now why people charge so much for hand appliqued shirts!  It's hard and slow process (or at least for this newbie).  I think they came out okay.  I am having trouble with the edges of the fabric fraying a bit.  I am not sure how much it will fray once it's washed, but to me that might give it a cute look.

I am just so picky and don't want to give anyone something that isn't perfect.  I know that the flaws that I see other people don't see, but still.  I ended up messing up 2 onesies yesterday and it makes me sick, but I know that I am still learning and that mess ups are bound to happen.  I guess I will just keep practicing.  It makes me sick when I have to throw away a good shirt/onesie because of a small hole.  I try to think of people that I could give it to that it won't matter.  I guess that is terrible, but it's better than going in the trash!!  So here are the final first attempt at Appliqued Name Shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment